Requirements to rent a car
Requirements to rent a car
Today we want to talk about some essential requirements if you need to rent a car in Spain and abroad.
List of requirements to rent a car is Spain (and Europe)
Renting a car in Spain and abroad usually has similar requirements:
- You must have a valid driver's license, and with an age of 1 to 3 years according to the company.
- There is some documentation that is also necessary when renting a car: you will have to present an identification document such as your ID or passport.
- Age is a factor to consider: You can rent a car from the age of 18, however, most companies require a minimum of 21 to 23 years and it is also likely that younger drivers have to pay a supplement and / or cannot choose certain categories of Premium cars.
- Some companies also value age by marking a limit between 65 and 70 years. So you can find some obstacles or they may charge you a surcharge.
- Most companies require that the driver be the same as the lessee and pay with a debit card to ensure that they can make the payment effective in case of an accident.
- They also usually take into account the deposit that is usually two to three times the rental price.
- Finally, some companies may review your history of fines and refuse to rent a car if you have any without paying or if you have received several.
What do I need to rent a car abroad?
The conditions for renting a car in Europe and as a member of the European Union are the same.
If you want to rent a car outside the European Union you will need an international driving license. Also, if you want to rent a car in a country that does not have Western writing as an official, you will probably have to present a translation of your card to hear part of a recognized and validated authority for this purpose.
In any case, you should always show your passport and your local driving license.
What minimum age do I need to rent a car at Larios Rental?
In Larios Rental you can rent from 18 years and depending on the category of the vehicle you can ask to be 21 or 23 years old.
Age required depending on the type of rental in Larios Rental:
Bicycles: from 18 years.
50cc: 18 years.
125cc: 21 years.
From 250 cc to maximum engine displacement: 23 years.
Cars: 21 years except for premium categories, 7 seats and 9 seats, for which 23 years are required.
Regarding age limits, drivers under 25 years of age or over 75 years old must take out additional insurance of € 5 per day.
If you want to check the rest of the requirements, you can read the conditions of use of our website
Larios Rental - Best car rental company in Spain
More than 60 positive reviews from satisfied customers guarantee our services, do not hesitate to consult our offer of rental vehicles: cars, motorcycles and even bicycles. Any means of transport to make your day to days simpler and that offer you the freedom of mobility necessary in your holidays in Malaga so you do not run out of any place to know.
Find out about our rental cars to start your getaway!